What Are CCTV Systems? CCTV is an acronym for Closed Circuit Television. This means that the footage recorded by a CCTV system using small, inconspicuously placed cameras is not broadcast or available to the public. Specific equipment and knowledge is required to view the footage. Installing a CCTV system in your home or on work premises ensures that an area is secured without compromising privacy. Remote monitoring of Newcastle Upon Tyne CCTV footage over the Internet is also possible with certain CCTV camera setups.
Why Use CCTV? CCTV Newcastle Upon Tyne systems can be an effective security measure for deterring and preventing criminal activity. In the event of a crime at home or on work premises, CCTV systems may be used to recover stolen goods and to prosecute those responsible. CCTV systems do not have to be an invasion of your privacy, but can be an effective means of protecting your loved ones, employees and belongings. Research has shown that installing CCTV systems has dramatically reduced criminal activity including trespassing, vandalism and burglary.
We've got the biggest network of home improvement specialists in the UK. You're sure to find the right contractor for you, whatever your home improvement project is. Compare quotes to get the most competitive prices.
Find and compare local specialists
CCTV installations should only be done by professionals. The most important part of any CCTV camera installation is the wiring. DIY installations often don't consider the importance of the cabling. The camera cables should be good quality video cable. Professional Newcastle Upon Tyne security camera specialists will have the requisite knowledge to install the best camera system, ensuring excellent security. DIY setups often fail and provide a dangerous false sense of security.
Types of Cameras: The types of CCTV cameras used in an installation depend on the level of security you require and the area under surveillance. The type of camera used can affect the overall cost of the installation. CCTV cameras vary according to size, video quality, and performance in different light conditions. Cameras designed to capture sound are also available. For any outdoor installations, CCTV cameras should be weatherproof. Wireless camera systems are also available.
A Wireless CCTV System: Newcastle Upon Tyne Wireless CCTV systems transmit audio and video signals to a wireless receiver via radio band. Although some 'wireless' cameras may require a power cable, many are battery operated. Digital cameras are considered better and safer as the digital feed is not susceptible to interference from other household devices. Digital cameras also provide a wider transmission range. Both systems require a clear line of sight to the receiver so this might not be practical for all areas.
Factors Affecting Cost: The number of cameras, type of cameras and type of installation all affect the cost of Newcastle Upon Tyne CCTV systems. The more cameras required and more specialised the cameras, the more expensive the installation is likely to be. Certain installations may require dredging for laying cables and this can also increase the overall cost of the system. Always consult the professionals to discuss your best options.
Need to improve the security in your home or office? We can help you find the most affordable CCTV Newcastle Upon Tyne camera systems. Take a minute to fill in our online form detailing your security requirement and we'll handle the rest. We'll find you the best CCTV services at the lowest prices. Get a free, no obligation quote from us today for peace of mind that your loved ones and belongings are safe and secure.
Your Newcastle Upon Tyne CCTV questions answered
- Where can closed circuit television cameras be placed? Closed circuit television cameras can be placed almost anywhere that you might want to keep an eye on whether indoors or out.
- What are some considerations when hanging CCTV cameras? Protection from the elements and available power sources are important when placing them outdoors, as is ensuring they are difficult to tamper with. When placed indoors, pets should not be able to access them.
- Are there any laws to consider when placing a CCTV system? Anyone who installs CCTV systems in or around a home or business must comply with the Data Protection Act of 1998, which covers the use of information derived from CCTV footage, including car licence numbers and personal images.
- Which are better, static or movable cameras? This will depend on your personal needs. Movable cameras cost more and may require more maintenance, but also cover more area. Static cameras are more foolproof, however.
- How many CCTV cameras does my Newcastle Upon Tyne home need? You should have at least two: one at your front door and another at the back. You may also want to place a camera in front of your garage, storage shed, or driveway.
Simple Security Camera Form
Tell us a little about your security requirements using our one-minute online CCTV quotation form.
Up To Four Free CCTV Quotations
We'll consult our industry-leading network of security specialists and allow up to 4 to quote.